Sunday, October 14, 2012

All You Need Is Love

Here's a quick card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge.  I just picked up a package of decorative tape on sale at Target yesterday, so as soon as I saw this set of washi tape striped cards, I knew I wanted to make my own version.

I used three of the four coordinating tapes in the set to make stripes across the bottom of a white card base.  Instead of using scoring to set the tape strips off from the card base, I added a row of paper pierced dots. I like the added dotted element to go with the dotted tape I used for the top stripe.

The tape strips are wrapped with some twine threaded with a thin silver strand for a little sparkle.  I tied a red heart button on to the cord as an accent.  The "all you need is love" sentiment from the Lil' Inker Designs Of the Heart stamp set is stamped just above the tape strips in red ink.  What an easy and fun way to put some of my washi tape stash to use!

Materials Used:
Of the Heart stamp set (Lil' Inker Designs); Love Letter ink (Tsukineko); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); decorative tape (Target); heart button (Blumenthal Lansing); twine (Maya Road)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips