Saturday, October 13, 2012

Eek!

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. There’s *almost* no stamping on this spooky, seasonal design.

I used the spider web die to cut a sparkly silver spider web to cover the image panel. I die cut a spider from black cardstock and added that over the web using foam tape. The spider’s eyes are filled in with tiny white pearls for added dimension. I stamped the “eek” sentiment from the Spider Web set on a gray notch-ended strip and added that to the panel, extending out from underneath the spider.

I used orange and green patterned papers along with some more sparkly silver paper for the rest of the card. The panels are layered on gray mats and set on a gray card base to add to the spooky feel.  A little black ribbon tab extending from the bottom of the image panel adds a final contrasting element and a little shine, too.

Materials Used:
Spider Web stamp and die set (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Basic Gray, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Chillingsworth Manor 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); silver shimmery paper, white pearls (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips