Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A CASE of Joy

Today, the Clear and Simple Stamps design team is sharing new projects based on some of our favorite earlier CSS creations.  

 

I loved the clean and simple design on this love themed card I shared in February for another design team challenge, so I CASE'd it for today's challenge. You can find the original post with all the details on the card here.


Here's my CASE'd version of the card.  I kept the layout the same, but used a seasonal, monochromatic color combination instead of the high contrast color scheme on the original and replaced the cardstock strip on the cardfront with some washi tape to bring in a patterned element.   And, I also switched out the heart embellishment for a snowflake!

I used the "hope, peace, and joy" sentiment from the Limited Editions:  Joy set as my focal image.  It's stamped in Party Teal Dawn ink on a white panel. I layered the panel on a Party Teal Dawn circle, then set it over a strip of teal and white decorative tape on a My Style Blueprint card base.  I accented the sentiment with a pretty pearl snowflake embellishment and added a trio of tiny pearls at the end of the decorative tape for balance.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has created for the challenge.  Here's where to find them:

Kim Duran
Jennifer Rzasa

Elena Roussakis

Jaclyn Miller
Dana Grothaus
Laurie Willison
Tracy Schultz

Lori Tecler-you’re here!
CSS Blog

Materials Used:
Limited Edition:  Joy stamp set, Party Teal Dawn ink, My Style Blueprint and A Blanc Check cardstock, Shapes:  Circles dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); decorative tape (Target); pearl snowflake (Zva Creative); self-adhesive pearls (Michaels); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. I love how you changed it into a holiday card and I love your choice of non-traditional colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that little snowflake you added Lori! What a cute card.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips