Thursday, December 27, 2012

Birthday Wishes

Here's a simple birthday card for the last Viva la Verve sketch for December.  I went for a masculine design with a mix of muted colors and patterns.

I used two different patterned papers from Pink Paislee's Prairie Hill line to cover the blue card base.   To break up the pattern, I used a solid panel made from the same color as the card base at the middle of the card.  The "birthday wishes" sentiment from Verve's Big Wish set is stamped on a lighter blue panel in brown ink.  I accented the sentiment with a star die cut from a cork sheet.  I love using cork pieces as an embellishment on masculine cards--it adds interest and texture without being girly.

Materials Used:
Big Wish (Verve Stamps); Memento Toffee Crunch ink (Tsukineko); Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides, and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Prairie Hill 6x6 paper pack (Pink Paislee); star die (Spellbinders); cork

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips