Sunday, December 30, 2012

I'd Flip out Without You

I had some time this afternoon to play along with today's SCS featured stamper challenge. My card's based on the beach-themed card seen here.

I kept the major design elements--flip flops, sand, and water--but made a few other adjustments along the way on my card.  I used an A2 size instead of a square for easier mailing, which made my image panel a rectangle instead of a square.  The water is made with several different distress inks sponged on to a white panel.  The sand is a torn edged kraft panel, sponged with distress inks and rubbed with a little white pigment ink for a variegated look.  I added some torn vellum between the kraft and the inked panel to look like the foam at the edges of ocean waves.

The flip flop image from Papertrey Ink's Flipping Out stamp set is stamped in red ink and cut out.  I used a die to cut the top part of the flip flops from black cardstock, then accented the pieces with clear crystals for a little sparkle.  The flip flops are set on the scene with foam tape.  I stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the panel in black ink.  I matted the scene on a black panel, then set it on a white card base.

Don't miss my stamps for sale page here. I've got lots of great sets to choose from.  And, be sure to stop by on New Year's day--I'll have a special post to share . . .

Materials Used:
Flipping Out stamp set, Flipping Out die (Papertrey Ink); Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, and Broken China Distress inks (Ranger); Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug inks (Tsukineko); clear crystals (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips