Monday, December 31, 2012

So Polished

Here's my card for this month's My Favorite Things guest designer challenge.  I went girly on this one, using one of the a la modes as my focal image.

The girl from the Polished to Perfection set is stamped on a white panel and colored with Copic markers.  I left plenty of room along the left side of the panel to add the "you are so polished" sentiment, too.

I used three different patterned papers from the Pebbles Sunny Side collection for the panels on the cardfront.  A pink gingham strip runs along the left edge of the card, anchored with a line of zig zag stitching along the side.  A bold floral panel fills most of the rest of the card.  I used my Fishtail Flag Stax dies to cut the long, layered strip that is centered over the floral panel and underneath the image.  The fishtail flag strip wasn't quite long enough to run the length of the card, so I ended up cutting the strip in half--it's hidden underneath the image panel, so it worked perfectly!

Materials Used:
a la modes Polished to Perfection stamp set, Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax and Fishtail Flag Stax Layers dies (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Sunny Side 6x6 paper pad (Pebbles); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips