Saturday, December 22, 2012

Rain or Shine

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.  I went with a more scrappy style on this one, using some of MFT's Die-namics dies to create the focal image panel.  I stretched the sketch out to a tall A2 sized card, but kept the basic design elements pretty close to the original layout.

I used the umbrella Die-namics die to create a cheery floral patterned umbrella.  It's set on a light blue panel along with a pair of fluffy clouds die cut from white felt.  I stamped the "I'm here for you, rain or shine" sentiment from the Umbrella stamp set in the open space on the panel.

The colors for the card came from the multicolored patterned paper I used for the strip along the left side of the cardfront.  The bottom of the card is edged with a red cardstock strip.  I topped the strip with a yellow strip with a decorative punched edge.  A narrow piece of blue grosgrain ribbon wrapped around the top of the decorative strip ties all the colors together.

Materials Used:
Umbrella stamp set, Die-namics Umbrella and Clouds Trio dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Poppy Parade, and Basic Gray cardstock, light blue grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); On the Sunny Side 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars); white felt; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips