Sunday, December 23, 2012

You're So Cool

Here's my card for the current Lawnscaping challenge to make it shine.  I combined the challenge with this month's Sketch for You to Try to create this shimmery winter themed card.

I used Lawn Fawn's Winter Bunny as my focal image.  It's been around for a while, but I still love this bunny! The bunny's colored with Copic markers and cut out.  I set it on a round panel embossed with snowflakes--rubbed with a shimmery white ink for a subtle sparkle--and some torn shimmery white cardstock snow along the bottom.  The "you are so cool" sentiment from the new Here's the Scoop set is stamped on the panel in red ink.

The rest of the card's pretty simple.  I used a pair of patterned paper strips behind the image panel, along with one shimmery silver strip at the center.  I added a die cut silver snowflake with a twine tied button at the center as an accent at the bottom of the image panel.  

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:  Lawn Fawn Winter Bunny and Here's the Scoop stamp sets, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Love Letter inks, Copic markers (R12, R14, R17, R29, C-1, C-3, C-5), Doodlebug Design North Pole 6x6 paper pad, Divine Twine black baker's twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other:  Baja Breeze and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Steel Grey cardstock (My Favorite Things); Sterling Silver cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); Brilliance Moonlight White ink (Tsukineko); circle dies (Spellbinders); snowflake die (Lil' Inker Designs); Snowflakes embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); red button (Michaels)

6 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE this look! I think this is my favorite for the Lawnscaping Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the strips of patterned paper behind the adorable scene! And the twine is a perfect finishing touch!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card, Lori! Love that background behind winter bunny. Happy holidays! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about this card! The sketch is great, I love the color combo and that snowflake embellishment is just perfect! Thank you so much for joining us at Lawnscaping challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the design of this! very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being selected as "Top Mow it All"! Such a darling card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips