Saturday, December 15, 2012

Snow Cool of You

It's been a while since I played along in one of SCS's virtual stamping nights, but I got some new stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs and I couldn't wait to use them.  I put this quick card together for a challenge to use cool colors.

I used this week's sketch from Clean and Simple Stamping as the basis for the card's layout.  I die cut a trio of  snowflakes in a rich purple shade, then arranged them down the center of a blue card front.  The "snow cool of you" sentiment is stamped on a banner ended strip in black ink.  I used foam tape to adhere the sentiment on the panel between two of the flakes.  Between the colors, the snowflakes, and the sentiment, I think this one's perfect for the challenge!

Materials Used:
Winter Greetings stamp set, Snowflake Dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Versafine Onyx Black ink (Tsukineko); Royal Velvet and Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); silver paper (Michaels); clear crystals (Studio 18); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips