Monday, January 21, 2013

Sentimental Viva la Verve

Here are my next two cards for January's Viva la Verve sketches.  I made a pair of clean and simple masculine cards, each using a Verve sentiment as a focal image.

The first one uses a sentiment from the Words of Wisdom stamp set.  I stamped it on a cream panel in Memento's Toffee Crunch ink, a kraft-ish color, to match the color of the card base.  It's layered on a pair of panels that coordinate with the multicolored patterned paper I used for the large block at the center of the card.

For accents, I used circle punches to make a pair of layered circles.  The circles are the same color as the mats underneath the sentiment--in fact, I punched the circles from the mats.  The sentiment hides the holes! 

Now that the card's done I wish I'd done some machine stitching along the top and bottom edges of the patterned paper panel where it meets the mat . . .

Materials Used:
Words of Wisdom stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Toffee Crunch ink (Tsukineko); Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Ocean Tides cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Prairie Hill 6x6 paper collection (Pink Paislee); 7/8" and 1" circle punches (EK Success)



And, this one uses a sentiment from the Treasured Words set.  The set's "thinking of you" sentiment is stamped in a green ink to coordinate with the multicolored patterned paper panel that covers most of the light green cardfront.  I rounded the corners of the panel before setting it on a pair of coordinating mats.

To break up the busy pattern a bit, I used a solid cardstock strip along the right side of the card, instead of finding a coordinating pattern. The sentiment is layered over the panel at an angle.  I wrapped a piece of cream twill around the card and knotted it in front of the sentiment panel.

Materials Used:
Treasured Words stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Pistachio ink (Tsukineko); Soft Suede and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Nest-Comfort & Familiar 6x6 paper pad (Authentique); cream twill (Michaels); corner rounder

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips