Monday, February 4, 2013

Cheerful Happy Birthday

Here's my card for February's first Viva la Verve sketch challenge.  I used the sketch to make a cheery birthday card that I think I kept pretty clean and simple even with all of the different layers and patterns.

I used three different coordinating patterned papers from a Pebbles paper pad for the panels on the yellow cardfront.  I went with a floral pattern for the strip that runs across the cardfront.  The panel is edged with a solid green strip and wrapped with some yellow baker's twine.  The floral strip is layered over a golden yellow gingham panel and a springy green dotted panel, picking up colors in the floral patterned strip.  The paper panels are topped with a round sentiment panel, stamped with the "happy birthday" sentiment from Verve's Treasured Words stamp set in bright yellow ink.

Materials Used:
Treasured Words stamp set (Verve Stamps); Lemon Drop ink (My Favorite Things); Daffodil Delight, Kiwi Kiss, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Family Ties 6x6 paper pad (Pebbles); circle dies (Spellbinders); baker's twine (The Twinery)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips