Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I Quite Like You

Here’s a quick scrappy card for this week’s Deconstructed Sketch. When I say scrappy here, I really mean it. I used a bunch of leftover scraps from a My Mind’s Eye paper pad to put this one together. I’m working hard on using up some of my old favorites to make room for new stuff, like the new My Mind’s Eye paper pads now arriving at i {heart} papers, so layouts like this one are exactly what I’m looking for!

All of these scraps come from the My Mind’s Eye’s The Sweetest Thing-Lavender paper pad. I cut them to various widths before adhering them to a white panel. I wrapped them with some white hemp cord (also new at IHP!), then added the stamped sentiment from the WPlus9 Quite Like You set on top using dimensional dots. The sentiment’s stamped in gray ink for a softer look that works with the pastel shades in the patterned paper. I used a few more dimensional dots to attach the panel to a pink card base.  I may just make a few more cards using the sketch with different papers and sentiments . . .

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: WPlus9 Quite Like You stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Gray Flannel ink, My Mind’s Eye The Sweetest Thing-Lavender 6x6 paper pad, Hemptique white hemp cord, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Blushing Bride and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); petite oval dies (Spellbinders); corner rounder

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips