Thursday, February 14, 2013

Soda-lighted

I gave the Muse challenge another try this week. My card’s inspired by the beverage theme of the original design. I used the same layout for the image panel, but switched up the placement of the panel on my version of the card.

Instead of using a lemonade image, I used a soda bottle from the Freshly Squeezed Stamps Soda-lighted set. It’s colored with Spectrum Noir markers and popped up on the white panel using dimensional dots. I added a few little bubbles next to the bottle and filled them in with Stickles. I used a black pen to draw a narrow line to ground the bottle, then stamped the sentiment beneath the line.

I edged the stamped panel with a strip of red striped washi tape, echoing the red and white stripes of the straw found in the bottle. After adding a strip of red cardstock underneath the tape, I adhered the stamped panel to a kraft card base. I threaded a red button with some hemp twine and tied it in a bow, then added that to the tape as an accent.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Freshly Squeezed Stamps Soda-lighted stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Spectrum Noir markers (CR9, EB5, EB, GB1, GB8, GB10), Ranger Star Dust Stickles, Hemptique natural hemp twine cord, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Real Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); red decorative tape (Freckled Fawn); red button (Michaels)

9 comments:

  1. I saw this at the Muse club and loved it! I just love your use of colours-the bright red tape and the brown of the soda bottle are a great contrast. The sentiment made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card - your use of colour is great. I alos love the "punny" sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic take from the inspiration, I can really see where how you came upon your idea. Lovin' the soda bottle & washi, and that fab fab sentiment too!
    Thanks so much for taking the time to share with us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! Love that soda stamp, and the washi tape is inspired!!! Wonderful interpretation of the Muse's card! :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. It looks so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many cute, punny sentiments out there for this week's Muse challenge! Lori, yours is adorable! I love the strip of red striped washi tape you added - you're right, it plays off the straw perfect! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so da-lightful..Great coloring...puny funny sentiment.
    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool card - I love the sentiment! Your colouring on the bottle is fab too :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips