Friday, March 8, 2013

Fly Me to the Moon

This week’s blogger challenge theme is “come fly with me.” I used this week’s Mojo Monday sketch along with a pair of stamp sets from The Cat’s Pajamas to create this sweet flight themed design.

The focal image is the rocket ship from the Soar stamp set. I colored the image with Copic markers and cut it out, then used foam tape to adhere it to the round panel. The image is set at the top of a chevron patterned paper. I added a sparkly star, cut with the CutUps Stars die, as an accent at the right side of the panel.

Instead of using one of the sentiments from the Soar set, I went with one from the Away We Go set. It's stamped in a bold black ink over the chevron pattern.  I thought that “fly me to the moon” was a perfect match for the rocket!

Materials Used:  
Soar and Away We Go stamp sets, CutUps 3x3 Stars die (The Cat's Pajamas); white cardstock (Neenah); Memento Tuxedo Black and Versafine Onyx Black inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, and Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver glitter paper (Michaels); Lucky in Love 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); So Happy Together 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips