Saturday, March 16, 2013

On the Line Birthday

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. It came together quickly with a sentiment stamp and coordinating papers from an 8x8 paper collection.

I used one of the birthday sentiments from the On the Line set for the image panel. It’s stamped in MFT’s Pink Lemonade ink on a cream panel. I’ve been looking for a light pink ink that’s not too light and that has good coverage for solid stamps for a while now—I think this one’s a keeper!

I ended up stretching out the layout to a standard A2 size so that the card would be easier to mail. The stamped panel is layered on a pair of mats, then set over a multicolored patterned panel on an angle. The festive pattern seemed good for a birthday card to me! After wrapping a piece of golden yellow ribbon around the bottom of the patterned paper panel and securing it with a knot, I set the panel on a pink panel with a strip of dotted paper along the bottom. The panel is layered on a cream card base to pick up the cream in the sentiment panel and in the multicolored patterned paper.

Materials Used:
On the Line stamp set (My Favorite Things); Innocent Pink cardstock (Gina K Designs); So Saffron and Very Vanilla cardstock, So Saffron grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Cakewalk 8x8 paper pad (October Afternoon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips