Saturday, April 27, 2013

Fresh Squeezed Spring Sunshine

Here's my card for this month's Squeeze-a-palooza at Fresh Squeezed Stamps.  This month's theme was spring inspiration and I think this cheery flower paired with buttery yellow cardstock definitely says "spring."

I used the bottle, stem, and flower images from the Soda-lighted set for my focal image.  The images are colored with Spectrum Noir markers.  To give the image some dimension, I cut the flower out and adhered it to the image panel with a small dimensional dot.  The "you are my sunshine" sentiment from the Weather Through set is stamped along the side of the image panel in green ink.

I adhered a piece of white paper doily to the edge of the image panel, then set it on top of a piece of yellow patterned paper.  After edging the paper with a narrow strip of green cardstock along one side, I adhered it to a coordinating yellow cardfront.  A green button, threaded with matching green baker's twine, finishes the design.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:  Fresh Squeezed Stamps Soda-lighted and Weather Through stamp sets, , Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Bamboo Leaves inks, Spectrum Noir markers (CT1, CT3, CT4, GB4, GB5, TN5, TN7, BT1, BT2, CG2), My Mind's Eye Notable "Collectable" 6x6 paper pad, Divine Twine Green Apple baker's twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other:  Harvest Gold and Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); green button (Michaels); paper doily (Wilton)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness--what a wonderful card! Love the sentiment with the sunny flower & the doily & everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow with a smidge of green...perfect! Thanks for playing with us at Fresh Squeezed Stamps:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this card! this is a fun set!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips