Saturday, April 27, 2013

You're Appreciated

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. With teacher appreciation week coming up (and the end of the school year in just about 6 weeks around here!), I thought I’d put together a teacher themed design using the sketch.

I used the a la modes An Apple for Teacher as my focal image. I colored her with Copic markers and set her on a patterned paper panel made with three different papers from a school themed paper pad. The bottom of the panel is edged with a narrow kraft scallop edged strip.

I stamped the set’s “you’re appreciated” sentiment on another kraft strip and adhered it on an angle across the top of the image panel.  A pair of silver brads in the lower right corner of the image adds just a little sparkle and shine to the card.

Materials Used:
a la modes An Apple for Teacher stamp set, Electric Red cardstock (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); markers (Copic); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); School Daze 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); silver brads (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips