Friday, April 26, 2013

Hey

This week's blogger challenge theme is black and white with a splash of color.  I love the little light bulb image in the Fresh Squeezed Stamps Breath of Fresh Flair set, so I decided to use it for my card and make bright yellow my splash of color.

I stamped the bulb on a scrap of white paper and colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers.  I stamped the set's speech bubble on another scrap and added the set's "hey" sentiment inside it.  Both cut out images are adhered to a piece of black and white gingham patterned paper with small dimensional dots.  I matted the gingham panel with yellow cardstock, then adhered it to a white panel on top of a black cardstock strip wrapped with some baker's twine.  The panel is set on a black card base for a bold contrast.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papersFresh Squeezed Stamps Breath of Fresh Flair stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Spectrum Noir markers (CT1, CT3, CT4, IG1, IG3, IG6), Pebbles Walnut Grove 6x6 paper pad, Divine Twine Black Licorice baker's twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots


other:  Yoyo Yellow, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

2 comments:

  1. Very cute. That lightbulb is darling and bright yellow worked perfectly with it. You do CAS so well. I struggle with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Love the gingham piece...and the overall design!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips