Monday, April 29, 2013

Paper Smooches SPARKS April Anything Goes Challenge


This week’s Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge is an Anything Goes challenge. I made a colorful,  punny birthday card for the challenge.

My card uses the hippo from the Zoo Crew set as the focal image. The hippo is colored with Spectrum Noir markers and cut out, then attached to a dotted patterned paper panel with dimensional dots. I attached the dotted paper and a coordinating plaid paper to a green panel, wrapping the panel with some cheery yellow baker’s twine before adhering it to a light blue card base. I combined the “hippo” from the Zoo Crew set and the “birthday” from the Birthday Buddies set to get the sentiment stamped underneath the paper panels.

Be sure to check out the challenge blog for all the details on this week’s challenge and some amazing inspiration from the design team, too.  Here are the rest of the designers sharing projects today:


Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies and Zoo Crew stamp sets, Tsukineko Memento Bahama Blue and Tuxedo Black inks, Spectrum Noir markers (IG1, IG2, IG3, IG5, IG6, CR4, BT1), Pebbles Family Ties 6x6 paper pad, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); yellow button (Michaels)

3 comments:

  1. I just love this card, Lori! I love your coloring (I really need lessons from you!!)!!! I also love the papers-- perfect birthday card for just about anyone:) FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great colors you chose for this, so cheery and fun for a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Card! I love how you cut out the hippo and put him over the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips