Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thinking of You

Here’s my card for this week’s Muse challenge. I was inspired by the beautiful flower trio on the inspiration card and the vibrant colors, too.

I used the Flower Buds stamp set from Clear and Simple Stamps for my take on the card. I stamped the large flower image in CSS’s VIP Purple ink and the smaller one in Coral Necklace ink, then added some shading with my Copic markers. After stamping a few leaves on either side of a white panel, I used foam tape to adhere the flowers to the panel. The panel is layered on a coral mat, then set on a white card base.

The “thinking of you” sentiment from the All Occasions 2 set is stamped just underneath the flower panel in black ink. The sentiment’s elegant font looks so pretty with the flowers! I scattered a few tiny clear crystals around the flowers for a touch of sparkle.

For more CSS inspiration, be sure to check out the CSS iPhone/iTouch app. A new project is shared daily, complete with step by step instructions. Here’s a sneak peek of my project that will be shown on the app tomorrow. You can get all the info on downloading the app here.

Materials Used:
Flower Buds and All Occasions 2 stamp sets, VIP Purple, Coral Necklace, In the Limelight, and Perfect Little Black Dress inks, Coral Necklace and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers (V06, V09, V12, V15, R12, R22, R24), Flower Buds dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); clear crystals (Michaels); foam tape

8 comments:

  1. Lovely Lori! You've really nailed the colours in this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice take on this week's Muse! I love that you added the frame around the flowers! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! Change the sentiment and it is a perfect anything card, mother's day, birthday, whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful - the shadows and highlights make your flowers appear illuminated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, this is such a pretty card! A great take on the inspiration card. Beautiful stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty card I like the layers you added

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card using the Muse inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how subtle and delicate your flowers are - so feminine and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips