Sunday, April 21, 2013

You Rock

I made this simple card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge.  It's based on the love themed design seen here.  I knew it would be perfect for trying out with some of the Versamagic chalk inks I got from Imagine Crafts.

I die cut a star shape from a sticky note and adhered it to a piece of white cardstock, then arranged more sticky notes with cutout rectangles over the card.  To make it easy to cut the rectangles in the sticky notes, I used a square punch, punching repeatedly until I got a shape that I liked.  I sponged inside the rectangles with different Versamagic inks, then lifted all of the sticky notes to reveal the star shape.  There were a few spots where the edges of the rectangles weren't as crisp as I wanted, so I used a Fantastix tool to fill them in with ink.  After tracing the outline of the star with a silver gel pen, I stamped the big "you rock" sentiment from the Market Street Stamps Great Big Greetings set over the panel in Memento Gray Flannel ink.  I set the panel on a coordinating pale aqua card base, keeping with the soft color scheme used on the inked panel.

Materials Used:
Great Big Greetings stamp set (Market Street Stamps); Versamagic Pink Grapefruit, Aquatic Splash, and Tea Leaves inks, Memento Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver gel pen (Signo)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips