Friday, May 24, 2013

Have a Blast

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. I used the sketch to create a cute and whimsical child’s birthday card.

I used the Half-Pint Heroes set from Waltzingmouse Stamps for the design. I adhered a strip of star patterned paper to a light blue card base to create a background. Once that was in place, I added a crescent moon, created with circle punches, and a rocket ship image to the panel using foam tape to represent the sketch’s two round elements. The “have a blast on your big day” sentiment is stamped in the lower right corner of the cardfront in teal ink.

Materials Used:
Half-Pint Heroes stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black and Teal Zeal inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Crushed Curry and Blue Bayou cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); My Girl 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); clear dome sticker, circle punches (EK Success); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Lori! Love that little space ship!! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, love your coloring! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute card! I love the colors your chose and your coloring is perfection! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome colors and coloring on this one, Lori! Love the rocket and moon with this sketch, so perfect!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips