Friday, May 31, 2013

Oh, Snap!

This week’s blogger challenge theme is “to die for.” I picked up a Sizzix camera die on a recent trip to the craft store so I thought this would be a great time to try it out.

I die cut the camera from black cardstock, then cut it out a second time from shiny silver paper so I could add a little dimension to the die cut piece. I cut the outer ring of the lens out from the silver die cut and used foam tape to adhere it to the camera. To get a glass like look for the inside of the lens and the viewfinder, I backed those openings with scraps of acetate.  I think I would have been happier if I'd cut the camera base out of textured cardstock, but I didn't have any black textured paper on hand to use.

To go with the camera theme, I die cut a film strip piece from black cardstock and adhered it at an angle on a light blue panel. The camera is attached over the film strip with foam tape. I stamped the “oh snap” sentiment from the Taylored Expressions Oh Snap stamp set on a speech bubble and attached the bubble above the camera with more foam tape. To balance the design, I placed a pair of decorative tape strips in the upper left corner of the panel and accented them with a black button tied with silver cord.

Materials Used:
Oh Snap stamp set, Film Strip die (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Retro Camera and Icons dies (Sizzix); decorative tape, black button, silver cord (Michaels); acetate; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips