Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 184-You Rock

***** Scroll down or click HERE to see my post for the 350 Cards and Gifts Blog Hop. *****
It’s time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! I needed a thank you note for my sister—she took me to a Rick Springfield concert a few days ago as an early birthday present—so I used the sketch and a new stamp set from Neat and Tangled to put a card together for her.

I went with a “rock” theme to go with the concert. The focal image is the big stone image from the new Sparkle and Shine stamp set. I stamped it in silver ink for a nice shine, then cut out the stamped image and adhered it to the panel with dimensional dots. I used the same silver ink to add the little sparkly accents above the stone, then stamped the “you rock” sentiment beneath it in gray ink.

I used two different papers from a Pebbles patterned paper pad for the panels on the cardfront. After adding the image panel on top, I adhered a fishtail flag strip cut from shiny silver cardstock at the top of the panel. I machine stitched across the top of the flag to add a little detail to the simple design. The panel is layered on a light aqua mat, then on a darker aqua card base. I love the look of the shiny silver against the blues!

To play along, just create a card based on the sketch and link it up on Karen’s blog. For lots of inspiration be sure to check out what the other Sweet Sunday Sketch stampers have created for you this week. Here’s where to find them:

Dana White
Dawn Easton
Jackie Pedro
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Lynn Put
Melissa Hubert
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Tracy Clemente
Vicki Burdick
Jenny Peterson, special guest stamper

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Neat and Tangled Sparkle and Shine stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Gray Flannel ink, Pebbles Cardmaking Basics 1-Brights paper pad, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

Other: Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Bermuda Bay and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Sterling Silver cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); Encore Silver ink (Tsukineko); circle dies (Spellbinders); sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card for her!!! Perfect theme ;)

    Happy early birthday to you, Lori!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was rolling when I saw the sentiment Lori! I think this card rocks! Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips