Monday, May 13, 2013

Paper Smooches SPARKS May Designer Draft Challenge

***** Scroll down or click HERE to see my post for the Paper Crafts 350 Cards and Gifts Blog Hop. *****

This week’s Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge is a Designer Draft challenge based the sketch seen above. I used the sketch in its vertical orientation along with the Needle Little Love set.

I used the set’s sewing machine as my focal image. It’s stamped on white cardstock and colored with Spectrum Noir markers, then carefully cut out and adhered to a light blue panel with dimensional dots. The set’s “you’re sew dang cute” sentiment is stamped next to the image in red ink. I added a trio of tiny fishtail flag strips to the top of the panel on the side opposite the sewing machine.

I edged the image panel with a solid kraft panel on top and a cross stitched patterned paper on the bottom. To hide the seams between the panels, I adhered a narrow red cardstock strip where the different papers meet. And, to go with the card’s sewing machine, I machine stitched a row of straight stitches across the strip. The panel is set on a red card base.

Be sure to check out the challenge blog for all the details on this week’s challenge and some amazing inspiration from the design team, too.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Needle Little Love stamp set, Crafter’s Companion ultrasmooth white cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug inks, Spectrum Noir markers (BT1, BT2, IG1, IG2, IG3, IG6, CR5, CR8), My Mind’s Eye Quilting Bee 6x6 paper pad, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Electric Red cardstock, Fishtail Flag Stax die (My Favorite Things); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips