Monday, July 22, 2013

It's a Paw-ty!


The Clear and Simple Stamps design team is capping off our Release in Review week with today’s party hop. Each designer will be sharing a party ensemble created with stamps and dies from the Collection 7 release. I used stamps and dies from the Little Critter Pals series to create a few items for a dog themed party.


Here’s the invitation. I used the dog from the Little Critter Pals 2 set at the top and the date/time/place/RSVP stamps from the Party Elements: Critters set at the bottom. The image and text are separated by layered Favor Flags die cut pieces. The “it’s a paw-ty” sentiment is stamped across the top Favor Flags strip. I added a little solid brown paw print in the lower right corner as a fun accent.


No party’s complete without some yummy treats, so I dressed up a “pupcake” and some dog bones for the occasion. I wrapped a (store bought) cupcake in a red paw print stamped wrapper made with CSS’s Cupcake Wrapper die. It’s topped with a round topper decorated with the same paw print image. A little searching in the cookie aisle at the grocery store led me to dog bone shaped graham cracker Scooby Snacks. I put a few of them in a clear plastic bag and added a kraft topper made with the Toppers Combo die. The topper is stamped with a combination of sentiments from the Party Elements: Critters and Critter Pals Sentiments set.


And, to wrap up the party, I created a dog themed favor. I used CSS’s Eye Mask die to make a doggy dress up headband. I die cut 4 brown felt pieces using the die, then used fabric glue to adhere them to the ends of a headband. Each “ear” has a few brown felt spots on it for fun. I wish I’d had someone to model this headband for a photo—I didn’t think that my Chloe the cutie puppy would be too happy about wearing it, even with a treat or two to entice her.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the CSS team has created for the party hop. Here’s where to find them:

Audrey Tokach
Kim Duran
Tracy Schultz
Lori Tecler-you’re here!
Elena Roussakis
Jennifer Rzasa
Jean Martin, July guest
CSS Blog

Materials Used:
Little Critter Pals 2, Critter Pals Sentiments, and Party Elements: Critters stamp sets, Perfect Little Black Dress and Brown Leather Satchel inks, Rouge Ruffles, Kraft Like a Rockstar, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers (E23, E25, E31, E33, E51, E53, R14, C-1, C-3, C-5), Little Critter Pals, Favor Flags, Shapes: Circles, Toppers Combo, Cupcake Wrapper, and Eye Mask dies (Clear and Simple Stamps)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips