Tuesday, July 23, 2013

You Make the Grade

Here's my card for the current Deconstructed Sketch.  I recently added the Papertrey Ink Back to School set to my collection of school/teacher themed sets and hadn't inked it up yet.  I thought the set's apple images would be perfect for the sketch's four squares--and they were!

I die cut the apples from white cardstock and stamped each one with the text print apple in green ink, the stem in brown ink, and the heart in red ink.  The apples are attached to green squares with foam tape.  I arranged the squares on a red gingham patterned paper panel along with a dot embossed red cardstock strip I found in my cardstock scrap pile. 

After matting the panel on a red mat, I adhered it to a kraft panel and stamped the sentiment just underneath the bottom of the panel in brown ink.  I machine stitched around the panel's edges before adhering it to a green card base.

Materials Used:
Back to School stamp set, Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Pure Poppy patterned paper, Back to School dies (Papertrey Ink); Memento Pear Tart, Lady Bug, and Rich Cocoa inks (Tsukineko); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Real Red and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips