Thursday, July 4, 2013

Let Freedom Ring

Happy 4th of July!  Chloe the cutie puppy and I are wrapping up our mostly soggy beach getaway this morning.  While we're on the way home, I thought I'd share the first of two patriotic cards I put together in honor of the day.

This one uses this week's sketch from the Clean and Simple Stamping blog.  I stamped a trio of stars from Papertrey Ink's Let Freedom Ring stamp set at the center of the white panel, then stamped the "let freedom ring" sentiment underneath it in blue ink.  I edged the stamped panel with silver paper before adhering it to a red card base.  A contrasting navy blue panel is attached to the top left and bottom right edges of the stamped panel.  Each navy strip is topped with a strip of red grid patterned washi tape.  For a little sparkle, I added a pair of silver dot embellishments to each tape strip.

Materials Used:
Let Freedom Ring stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Real Red, Night of Navy, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); red grid washi tape (Love My Tapes); silver dot embellishments (ki memories)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/07/52-card-pickup-227.html

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips