Friday, August 16, 2013

Batty in Love

This week’s Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge is a Designer Draft challenge. I used the sketch to make a seasonal nighttime scene.

My scene combines images from two Paper Smooches sets—the bat from Falling for You and a branch from Hang Ups. I colored both images with Spectrum Noir markers and cut them out, then attached them to a blue dotted patterned paper panel. To go with my nighttime scene, instead of using clouds, I cut stars from gold paper and adhered them around the images.

The “batty in love” sentiment from the Falling for You set is stamped in navy ink on a light blue notch-ended strip and attached near the bottom of the patterned paper panel. I matted the scene on a piece of light blue cardstock, then adhered it to a navy card base.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Falling for You and Hang Ups stamp sets, Crafter’s Companion ultrasmooth white cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Nautical Blue inks, Spectrum Noir markers (IG1, IG2, IG3, IG5, IG6, TN5, TN7), Echo Park Scoot 6x6 paper pad

other: Soft Sky and Night of Navy cardstock, star punches (Stampin’ Up!); gold paper (Target)

2 comments:

  1. You are a PS phenom! Fab card for a boy

    ReplyDelete
  2. LORI--- you know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE your cards! Esp when you play along with the PSS team! You nailed this sketch! I LOVE the papers and that bat--- oh my! This is SUPER adorable!! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Designer Drafts challenge <3

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips