Friday, August 16, 2013

Flower Power

This week’s blogger challenge theme is “flower power.” I’m not usually a big fan of florals, but I managed to put this design together using this week’s Mojo Monday sketch and a sentiment from Lil’ Inker Designs along with a canvas flower from my embellishment stash.

I started out by finding some floral patterned paper to use for the panel at the bottom of the cardfront. The paper I picked is from an older Jillibean Soup paper pad. I attached it to the bottom of a coordinating light blue cardstock panel, then topped the papers with a white paper doily. After adhering a contrasting red cardstock rectangle over the doily, I added the layered round panels with the “hello” sentiment on top. The sentiment is stamped in a light blue that doesn’t show well in the photo, but looks nice IRL.

The canvas flower is adhered to the bottom of the sentiment panel. I dressed it up with a twine tied button center and a pair of green felt leaves. The green gives a nice pop of color—and represents the sketch’s banner element, too!

Materials Used:
Darling Diamonds stamp set (Lil’ Inker Designs); Memento Summer Sky ink (Tsukineko); Bashful Blue, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Neapolitan Bean Bisque 6x6 paper pad (Jillibean Soup); circle dies (Spellbinders); canvas flower (Little Yellow Bicycle); green felt, red button (Michaels); white twine (Hemptique); paper doily

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips