Friday, August 30, 2013

Hey There

This week’s Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge is a Picture Perfect challenge. I interpreted the multiple picture frames in the photo as speech bubbles on my design.

I stamped three different speech bubbles from the He Said She Said set in different color inks on white cardstock and cut them out. Once they were cut out, I played around with the arrangement of the bubbles on a green card base. After I settled on an arrangement, I glued them in place, using a dimensional dot for the one in front. I stamped that bubble with the “hey there” sentiment from the Sentiment Sampler set. I used gray ink instead of black for a softer look—I seem to be doing that more often lately. The design is finished off with a trio of super sparkly silver sequins scattered around the bubbles.  I think I might have liked this one better if I'd cut out the two frames in the background.  Too late now . . .

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches He Said She Said and Sentiment Sampler stamp sets, Tsukineko Memento Gray Flannel, Teal Zeal, Lady Bug, and Lulu Lavender inks, disco silver sequins, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots 

other: Certainly Celery and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips