Sunday, August 25, 2013

Papertrey Ink August Blog Hop

It’s been a while since I joined in on one of Papertrey Ink’s blog hops, but I ordered some new goodies from their latest release and thought I’d ink them up for the hop. I chose the chocolate chip cookie inspired color scheme and sketch for my blog hop entry.

My card pretty much follows the gallon/quart/pint formula for use of the colors. I started off with a kraft card base, then added narrow strips of dark brown cardstock running diagonally across the card. Once the strips were in place, I tied some black twine around the card between two of the cardstock strips and secured it with a bow.

Instead of using a round element over the cardstock strips, I used one of the speech bubbles from the new Bubble Talk set. I “auditioned” a few of the different bubble shapes before settling on this one. It’s die cut from Fine Linen cardstock and stamped with the matching image and the “you’re super” sentiment. I don’t have PTI’s Fine Linen ink, but I found that Clearsnap’s Vivid Tuscan Tan ink is a pretty nice match. The bubble is accented with a trio of enamel dots.

Materials Used:
Bubble Talk stamp set, Fine Linen and Kraft cardstock, Bubble Talk dies (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Vivid Tuscan Tan ink (Clearsnap); black twine (Hemptique); black enamel dots (Freckled Fawn); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is fabulous, Lori! I love how you used the new Bubble Talk set and the perfect placement of your enamel dots! Great take on the colour combo and sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the talk bubble on this sketch - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent, Lori! You picked the perfect speech bubble to accent your perfect card!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips