Thursday, August 22, 2013

Shining Star

Here's my card for this week's Viva la Verve sketch.  I wasn't intending it to when I started out, but my card ended up with a somewhat patriotic design.

I used a mix of solid red and blue cardstock panels to coordinate with the dotted patterned paper strip that sits at the right side of the card.  The patterned paper is set off from the rest of the card with a narrow red strip.  I die cut a pierced circle to make a backdrop for the "shining star" sentiment from Verve's Shining Star stamp set and for a silver star embellishment.  To fill in the empty space at the left side of the card and balance the design a bit, I added a sparkly crystal flourish extending out from underneath the raised star shape.

Materials Used:
Shining Star stamp set (Verve Stamps); Bahama Blue ink (Tsukineko); Pacific Point, Real Red, Soft Sky, and Whisper White cardstock, star punch (Stampin' Up!); shimmery silver paper (Target); Stars and Stripes 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug Design); pierced circle die (My Favorite Things); clear crystal flourish (Michaels); corner rounder; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips