Saturday, August 24, 2013

Starry Birthday Greetings

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I created a birthday card using the stars in the sentiment image as a starting point for my design.

The sentiment from the Birthday Greetings set is stamped in Vivid's Tuscan Tan ink on a cream panel. I added a strip of olive and cream patterned paper beneath the stamped words, then wrapped some twine around the panel, securing it with a small bow. The top of the panel is dressed up with a pair of fishtail flag strips cut with the two narrowest dies from the Fishtail Flag Stax die sets.

I layered the matted panel on a piece of star patterned paper. To bring in an additional starry element, I die cut a strip of kraft cardstock with MFT’s Star Border die. It’s attached to a strip of olive cardstock that I placed on the patterned paper just beneath the sentiment panel.  Now that I look at this again, I think I might have liked it more if I used cranberry cardstock for the accents and mats instead of olive . . .

Materials Used:
Birthday Greetings stamp set, Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax, Fishtail Flag Layers Stax, and Star Border dies (My Favorite Things); Vivid Tuscan Tan ink (Clearsnap); Old Olive and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Awesome 6x6 patterned paper pad (Simple Stories); natural twine (Lawn Fawn)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips