Saturday, September 14, 2013

Listen. Learn. Grow


Here’s my clean and simple take on this week’s Mojo Monday sketch. I used the adorable bookworm image from the Clear and Simple Stamps Flashcards stamp set for the card—and a matching bookmark for the current CAS-ual Fridays and Ribbon Carousel back to school challenges.


I colored the bookworm image with Copic markers and cut it out. It’s adhered to an aqua grid patterned paper with foam tape. The “listen learn grow” sentiment is stamped next to the image in black ink. I adhered the patterned paper panel to a teal cardfront, then added some coordinating solid cardstock strips to the left side of the panel. A narrow strip of yellow ruler patterned washi tape anchors the panel on the cardfront.


I used CSS’s Tags 1 die to make a coordinating bookmark. Since the tag die was shorter than I wanted for my bookmark, I did a little creative die cutting. I started out with a strip of cardstock that was pretty much the exact width of the die and longer than the bottom end. I die cut just the top part of the cardstock with the Tags 1 die, then used a corner rounder at the bottom of the cardstock strip for a finished look. I repeated most of the same elements from the card on the bookmark—same stamped image, same cardstock colors, and same patterned paper. Some of CSS’s burlap ribbon is threaded through the top of the tag and secured with a twine bow. The burlap gives the tag a little texture and finishes it off nicely. 

Materials Used: 
Flashcards stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Party Teal Dawn, My Style Blueprint, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers (YG01, YG03, YG05, YG25, BG0000, BG72, BG75, R12, R14, R17, Y11, Y13, Y15), Tags 1 die, burlap ribbon (Clear and Simple Stamps); Seen and Noted 6x6 paper pad (Pebbles); ruler washi tape (Michaels); twine (Hemptique); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This is SUCH an adorable set! Love that little bookworm! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips