Saturday, September 14, 2013

Make a Wish

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. My interpretation of the sketch is pretty loose, but I think I still managed to represent most of the design elements.

I used the Pure Innocence Make a Wish set for my focal image. I stamped the girl on a piece of white cardstock and colored her with Copic markers, then cut her out. She’s attached to a blue panel using foam tape. Instead of a line of chevrons at the bottom of the blue panel, I used a strip of border punched green grass, which grounds the image nicely. I stamped the “make a wish” sentiment in a Chat Bubble die cut that I shortened to better fit the words with a little creative die cutting.

The finished image panel is set on a yellow panel over a strip of green dotted washi tape. Instead of cutting out a semi-circle piece from the bottom of the image panel, I added a green button tied with some baker’s twine.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Make a Wish stamp set, Lemon Drop and Sour Apple cardstock, Die-namics Chat Bubbles dies, Sour Apple button (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); green dotted washi tape (Michaels); grass border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips