Thursday, October 3, 2013

Color Me Happy

Here’s a fun, cheery card based on the current sketch at the Clean and Simple Stamping blog. The sketch was intended to be one layer, but my version ended up just a little more complicated than that . . .

I represented the long vertical strips on the right edge of the cardfront with lines of peekaboo polka dots. After die cutting the dots, I backed the negative space with narrow strips of different colored cardstock for a rainbow-like effect.

Once the dots were filled in, I stamped the “color me happy” sentiment from the Reverse Confetti Dream in Color stamp set over the panel, including part of the filled in dots, using gray pigment ink. I heat embossed the words with clear embossing powder for a subtle shine and some dimension and colored in .the open letters in the word “color” with gray markers. I added a few black enamel dots around the sentiment as accents.

Then, I dropped my not yet cleaned stamp on the right edge of the card. Ugh! So, I had to trim the panel a bit to remove the mark. To keep the look clean and simple while adding a layer to the design to fix my mess, I decided to use dimensional dots to adhere the panel to a white card base.  It's a nice, bright white IRL--Blogger is doing awful things to my photos!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Reverse Confetti Dream in Color stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink, Spectrum Noir markers (IG2, IG4), Doodlebug Design Beetle Black Sprinkles, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Yoyo Yellow, Gable Green, and Pacific Point cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Die-namics Peek a Boo Dots die (My Favorite Things); clear embossing powder (Michaels)

2 comments:

  1. Love that you did a reverse technique!! One of my fav things to do!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card makes me happy!!!
    I really love that peek a boo die w/ endless possibilities for innovative ideas!! :))
    Your stripes of color are so fun!! :))

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips