Thursday, October 17, 2013

Happy Birthday Matey

Here’s a fun little boy birthday card for this week’s Mojo Monday sketch. I used the Pure Innocence Pirate Boy set from My Favorite Things and a traditional red and blue nautical color scheme to put this one together.

I colored the pirate boy image with Copic markers, then cut it out and adhered it to a white panel with foam tape. The image panel is layered on a red mat, then set over a red grid patterned paper panel wrapped with some red baker’s twine. I stamped the set’s “happy birthday matey” set on the grid patterned paper beneath the image using black ink, then heat embossed it so it would really stand out against the pattern. I tucked a die cut navy blue pennant underneath the bottom edge of the grid patterned panel for a festive birthday touch.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Pirate Boy stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black and Versafine Onyx Black inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Real Red, Bashful Blue, and Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Daydreams-Blissful Day designer paper (American Crafts); Pennant Trim die (Verve Stamps); red baker’s twine (Divine Twine); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!!
    So cute & absolutely perfect for the sketch w/ the flags!! :))

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips