Thursday, October 17, 2013

Snowy Season's Greetings

This week’s Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge is a Designer Draft challenge. I used the sketch to make this wintery design.

PSOct13.2-Season'sGreetingsOne of the chubby snowmen from the Swanky Snowdudes stamp set serves as my focal image. I die cut the stamped image with the new matching Snowdudes die set (yay for matching dies!) and colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers. It’s set inside a stitched photo frame with a piece of light blue dotted patterned paper behind it. I was going for a snowflake-like look with that. The set’s “season’s greetings” sentiment is stamped on the bottom of the frame in red ink. I really like the contrast of the bold red against the pale blue of the frame.

I set the finished frame on a teal cardstock panel, then added a bunch of white and silver sequin “snowflakes” around it. I may just have gone a little overboard with those flakes . . .

Materials Used: 
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Swanky Snowdudes stamp set and Snowdudes dies, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink and Memento Luxe Love Letter ink, Spectrum Noir markers (BT1, BT2, BT4, BT6, CR2, CR8, DR4, OR1), Fancy Pants Memories Captured 6x6 paper pad, white and silver sequins, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots 

other: Taken with Teal and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); stitched frame die (Lil’ Inker Designs)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my I seriously love this card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack!!!! Adorable !!!
    Seriously -- so stinkin cute !!
    Teal & winter -- I'm in love !! :))

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips