Saturday, October 26, 2013

If the Broom Fits

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch from CAS(e) this Sketch. It’s actually not my first attempt at the sketch—I finished something else, but just wasn’t wild about how it turned out. As I was falling asleep on Thursday night, a second idea came to mind. Fortunately, I remembered it early on Friday morning as I was sleepwalking on the treadmill before work! When I got home on Friday afternoon (earlier than usual because of a visit from the plumber—I have a big home improvement project about to get underway next week!), I sat down at my crafting table to put the card together before the idea slipped from my mind altogether.

I used the cool crosshatched witch image from the Lil’ Inker Designs Bats and Broomsticks set for this version of the card. To accommodate the orientation of the witch image, I flipped the location of the elements. The witch is stamped in gray pigment ink on pale purple cardstock and die cut with the matching die, then adhered to the card base with foam tape. Matching the color of the paper I used for the die cut image to the color of the card base helps the two to blend together nicely.

I stamped the “if the broom fits” sentiment behind the witch, also in black ink. A die cut white stitched circle acts a moon for the spooky scene.  A few silver sequin "stars" finish the design.

Materials Used:
Bats and Broomsticks stamp set, Stitched Circle and Bats and Broomsticks dies (Lil’ Inker Designs); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko); Almost Amethyst and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver sequins (Treehouse Studio); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this in the colors you chose!!!!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool stamp set and I love your CAS design. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is fabulous, Lori! I love the unexpected colours you chose-- they totally work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I just adore that sentiment. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card.... love the soft purple/gray combination!
    Thanks for joining in at CAS(E) this sketch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips