Friday, October 4, 2013

Love You to the Moon

This week’s blogger challenge theme is love. I put together this sweet love themed design using stamps from Paper Smooches for the challenge and for this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS "anything goes" challenge.

I used one of the moons from the Cosmos set as my focal image. It’s colored with Spectrum Noir markers and attached to a navy blue circle with dimensional dots. I added a trio of clear crystal “stars” to the panel, too.

I covered part of a light blue panel with a piece of patterned paper, then added a pair of fishtail flag strips on top, staggering their placement to add interest. The panel with the moon is set over the fishtail flag strips. Once it was in place, I adhered a knotted piece of light blue faux suede ribbon to the bottom of the image panel, right where it meets the light blue fishtail flag strip. The set’s “I love you to the moon” sentiment is stamped near the bottom of the patterned paper panel in navy blue ink.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Cosmos stamp set, Crafter’s Companion ultrasmooth white cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Nautical Blue inks, Spectrum Noir markers (CT1, CT2, CT4), Echo Park Paper and Glue 6x6 paper pad, May Arts light blue faux suede ribbon, KaiserCraft clear crystals, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots 

other: Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax dies (My Favorite Things)

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! This is such a SWEET Card!! I LOVE the colors and your FUN design!! thanks a for playing along with the Paper smooches SPARKS Challenge and I hope you'll play along again next week!! have a Fabulous Weekend!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips