Saturday, October 5, 2013

You're a Star

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I used a large sentiment for my focal image along with a masculine color palette.

The “you’re a star” sentiment is from MFT’s Bold Statements stamp set. It’s stamped in MFT’s Hot Fudge ink on a white panel. I matted it on a piece of blue cardstock, then set it over a light blue cardfront covered with a pair of coordinating papers from a sports themed Fancy Pants paper pad. The doodle style star patterned paper works perfectly with the sentiment! The seam between the two patterned papers is hidden by a green strip punched along the top with a star border punch.

I accented the sentiment panel with a silver cardstock star adhered with foam tape. Even though I was going for a masculine style design, I decided to add a little crystal flourish extending out from the star. I picked one that had a little more rustic appearance instead of a super sparkly one, so I think it still fits with my design.

Materials Used:
Bold Statements stamp set, Hot Fudge ink, Factory Green cardstock (My Favorite Things); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Blue Bayou, Brushed Silver, and Whisper White cardstock, star punch (Stampin’ Up!); Little Sport 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants); Classic Star border punch (Martha Stewart); crystal flourish (Prima) foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips