Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Missing You

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch. It’s a pretty loose interpretation of the sketch, so I hope you can see how it fits . . .

I started with a white cardstock panel and used distress inks and a cloud template to create a nighttime sky with a line of thick cloud cover across the top. The moon was masked with a sticky note and filled in later with distress ink and a sponge. I added a gray skyscraper die cut strip along the bottom. It’s backed with a solid black version of the same die cut to give the cutout windows a dark look. One window is filled in with a tiny piece of yellow cardstock for a lit up glow.

Once the buildings were in place, I stamped the “missing you” sentiment from the My Favorite Things More Essential Sentiments set in black ink and heat embossed it. I arranged a trio of small clear crystals around the moon as stars, then set the finished panel on a gray card base.

Materials Used: 
More Essential Sentiments stamp set, Die-namics Skyline and Solid Skyline dies (My Favorite Things); Versafine Onxy Black ink (Tsukineko); Broken China, Salty Ocean, and Mustard Seed distress inks (Ranger); Basic Gray and Basic Black cardstock, black embossing powder (Stampin’ Up!); clear crystals (Michaels); cloud template

6 comments:

  1. I love the way you used the sketch!
    Beautiful clouds and an awesome skyline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab sponging !!!
    Love the skyline!!! :)) :))
    Looks like my home town of Chicago!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch, Lori! Thanks for joining us at CTS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Lori! Thank you for joining us at CAS(E)this Sketch this week :) Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, Lori! Fabulous take on the sketch!
    Thanks so much playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips