Thursday, November 21, 2013

You're the Coolest

Here’s a wintery design for the current Mojo Monday sketch. I combined an image and a sentiment from two different stamp sets from My Favorite Things to put this one together.

You're the Coolest-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I used the little girl from the Pure Innocence Warm Winter set as my focal image. She’s colored with Copic markers, with the exception of her paper pieced scarf and hat, and cut out. I used foam tape to adhere her to a simple snowy scene made from a light blue panel with a piece of torn shimmery white cardstock “snow” at the bottom. A strip of rose grosgrain ribbon is knotted just beneath the image panel. I stamped the “you’re the coolest” sentiment from the Doodle Garden You're the Coolest set underneath the pink ribbon.

I used a piece of heart patterned paper for the panel along the left edge of the cardfront. It’s matted with pale pink cardstock and adhered to a kraft panel. I probably should have paid more attention to the orientation of the paper.  Most of the hearts that you can see are upside down!  The finished image panel is set on top. I layered the piece on a rose card base.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Warm Winter and Doodle Garden You're the Coolest stamp sets (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, and Soft Sky cardstock, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Amy Tangerine Cut and Paste 6x6 paper pad (American Crafts); Bundle of Joy-Dots and Stripes 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips