Friday, January 31, 2014

This Way to Birthday Fun

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch at Retro Sketches. I went for a fun, graphic look using Avery Elle’s Aim High stamp set and coordinating dies.

This Way to Birthday Fun-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Avery Elle
I found a multicolored dotted patterned paper that reminded me of confetti for the panel on the right side of the card. I used a circle die to cut a semi-circle out of the left side of the panel, then added a narrow strip of solid bright pink cardstock on the opposite side before adhering it to a light pink panel. I die cut a large curved arrow from the same dark pink cardstock and set it in the open space in the patterned paper panel.

The “this way to birthday fun” sentiment is stamped at the top of the patterned paper panel in pink pigment ink. I added a trio of pink enamel dots as an accent. They give just a bit of dimension to the festive design.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Avery Elle Aim High stamp set and Aim High dies, Tsukineko Memento Luxe Rose Bud ink, Carta Bella Cool Summer 6x6 paper pad, Doodlebug Design Cupcake Pink Sprinkles enamel dots 

Other: Melon Mambo cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Pixie cardstock (Avery Elle)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips