Thursday, January 9, 2014

Wish Big

I needed a birthday card this week for a special little boy and I think this one fits the bill! I used the current sketch from the Clean and Simple Stamping blog as a starting point, switching out the die cut circle elements for celebratory star ones.

Wish Big-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps
I knew I wanted to use stars on my card right from the start. It took me a while to find a patterned paper for the panel on the cardfront. This light blue star patterned paper was perfect—it was the “right” color for a boy and the pattern was subtle enough that I could stamp a sentiment directly on it and not have it be lost. The stars are die cut with dies from the Shapes: Stars set from Clear and Simple Stamps. I used a larger one to die cut a trio of stars from the star patterned paper and a slightly smaller one to cut the shiny silver stars that are nested inside of the die cut openings. After layering the die cut patterned paper panel on a teal mat, I added the smaller stars with foam tape for dimension.

The “wish big” sentiment from the Rag Doll Emma: Banner set was stamped in the open space on the panel in teal ink. Even though this card is going to a boy, I decided to go for it and add a bit more sparkle with a trio of sequins, placing one next to each of the stars.

Materials Used:
Rag Doll Emma: Banner stamp set, Party Teal Dawn ink, Trendsetter Blue, Party Teal Dawn, and Sterling Silver cardstock, Shapes: Stars dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); Six by Six Blink of an Eye 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); silver sequins (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips