Friday, January 24, 2014

You Color My World

Here’s my card for this week’s Mojo Monday sketch. I went with something bright and colorful to contrast the dreary winter weather from this week!

You Color my World-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps
My focal image is Rag Doll Emma: Color from Clear and Simple Stamps. Emma was die cut with the matching die and colored with Copic markers. I colored her to match some of the colors in the multicolored piece of patterned paper I used on the cardfront. Before adhering the image panel to the patterned paper, I wrapped a strip of sparkly blue glitter tape around it for a fun accent.

The set’s “you color my world” sentiment is stamped directly on the patterned paper panel. The open letters in the word “color” didn’t show up as well as I would have liked, so I ended up stamping it on a scrap of yellow cardstock and cutting them out so that I could paper piece the word. The yellow shows up nicely against the multicolored background.  I'm glad I solved my sentiment problem without having to replace the patterned paper panel!

Materials Used:
Rag Doll Emma: Color stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Paint the Town Pink, Say Yellow to All Your Fans, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers (E000, E00, E02, E31, E33, E35, YR21, Y11, Y13, Y18, BG10, BG11, BG13, BG15, RV13, RV14, C-3, C-5), Shapes: Circles die (Clear and Simple Stamps); turquoise glitter tape (American Crafts); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips