Sunday, February 16, 2014

My Cup of Tea

Here's my card for February's second Viva la Verve sketch.  It also doubles as my entry for this month's Diva Dare to send a card to "perk" someone up.

My Cup of Tea-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve StampsI used Verve's Better for You set for my card.  I stamped the set's "you're my cup of tea" sentiment on a white panel in black pigment ink.  To accent the panel, I stamped the set's mug image and colored it with Copic markers, then cut it out.  It's adhered to the panel with foam tape. To fill out the stamped panel, I used gray pigment ink to stamp the steam image just above the top of the mug.

The panel is adhered to a piece of sweet strawberry patterned paper over a pale blue cardstock strip. I tucked a red fishtail flag strip underneath the right side of the sentiment panel to set it off a bit from the patterned paper.  Another fishtail flag strip was slipped underneath the mug.  I finished off the design with a pair of tiny red and blue felt hearts, cut with the From the Heart die and arranged at the side of the mug.

Materials Used: 
Better with You stamp set, From the Heart dies (Verve Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black and Gray Flannel inks (Tsukineko); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Michaels); Sweet Shoppe 6x6 paper pad (Lily Bee Design); markers (Copic); circle die (Spellbinders); Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax and Fishtail Flag Stax Layers dies (My Favorite Things); Aqua Mist and Pure Poppy felt (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. That paper is too fun and just love the felt hearts :) Thanks for joining us for this month's Diva Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek! So fabulous! I'd love to have a mug that looked exactly like that. And those felt hearts are just scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious card! Love the steamy mug of tea and the darling felt hearts!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips