Thursday, February 27, 2014

So Very Happy

Here’s my card for this week’s WPlus9 anniversary challenge to stretch yourself outside of your crafty comfort zone. After giving it some thought, I decided to take on craft mists as my challenge. I love how they look, but have to admit they make me somewhat nervous since they’re unpredictable. I worry about the nozzle clogging and making big blobs on my project or spraying too much in one area—and they’re messy, too! But, I put all of that aside and set out to use them on my card.

So Very Happy for You-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from WPlus9I created a clean and simple birthday design with the new Whole Lotta Happy stamp set and two different mists. I started off by stamping the “happy” sentiment in silver ink on a white panel, then adding the “so very” and “for you” above and below it in pink pigment ink. Then I got brave and misted over the panel with a combination of pink and silver sprays. I also took the nozzle out of the bottle and gently tapped on the tube to get some more pronounced ink droplets on the panel.

Once the sprays had dried, I inked the edges of the panel with distress inks. Since I went a lot heavier on the pink than on the silver, I added in a little more silvery sparkle with a trio of sequins arranged around the sentiment. I layered on a pair of fishtail flag strips to fill in the open space at the left side of the card, then adhered the panel to a pink card base.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: WPlus9 Whole Lotta’ Happy stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Luxe Rose Bud ink, silver sequins 

other: Melon Mambo cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); white cardstock (Michaels); silver paper (Target); Encore Silver ink, Angel Pink Fireworks spray, Silver Shimmer Spritz (Tsukineko)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips