Monday, March 3, 2014

I'm Proud of You

Here's my card for February's last Viva la Verve sketch.  I'm not too thrilled with how this one turned out--it definitely looked better in my mind than on paper!

I'm Proud of You-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps
I flipped the sketch over so that I could arrange a line of varying sized stars across the panel.  The stars were die cut from gold paper, then adhered to a blue plaid panel.  I machine stitched a line from the top of the paper to the top of each star.  The white thread really doesn't have enough contrast to show well, though.  Definitely not the best choice . . .

Once that was done, I played around a little with the sentiment.  I tried a gold fishtail flag strip, but it was too large for the panel.  After a few other false starts, I ended up using my word window punch to make an opening in the panel.  The "I'm proud of you" sentiment from Verve's Take Note set, stamped on the gold layer underneath, shows through the opening.  I adhered the finished panel to a coordinating teal card base.
 
Materials Used: 
Take Note stamp set (Verve Stamps); Tropical Teal cardstock (Papertrey Ink); gold paper (Target); Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Ducks in a Row-Peek a Boo designer paper (October Afternoon); stitched star dies (Lil' Inker Designs); word window punch (Stampin' Up!); sewing machine

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips